Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 6 months ago

Does this make sense at all?

I have a son and he was conceived through ivf. I then had a daughter who was conceived naturally. I’ve always felt more of a connection between my daughter and I think it’s due to the fact that I made her on my own compared to doctors. Please trust me I love them both equally to death but I still feel more of a connection

• John P

It is not unusual for a parent to have more connection with one or other of her/his children. That can happen for many reasons. Given that IVF (across the world) is a fairly rare procedure those "other reasons" in general are the ones.

• LizB

I have a son conceived via IUI (inside my body) and a daughter conceived via IVF (outside my body). My connection with them is no different.

You made a baby on your own. That was clever of you.

We connect differently to different kids at different times in life. Ask me today which kid I'm most connected to and it'll be a different answer than if you ask me next Monday.

Well maybe. Maybe there's more of a connection because you're a more confident mum now. Maybe there's more of a connection because it's a girl.

Who knows.

• helene

Or, maybe you'd feel more of a connection with a daughter regardless.