Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 6 months ago

Does this make sense at all?

I have a son and he was conceived through ivf. I then had a daughter who was conceived naturally. I’ve always felt more of a connection between my daughter and I think it’s due to the fact that I made her on my own compared to doctors. Please trust me I love them both equally to death but I still feel more of a connection

6 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is not unusual for a parent to have more connection with one or other of her/his children. That can happen for many reasons. Given that IVF (across the world) is a fairly rare procedure those "other reasons" in general are the ones.

• Login to reply the answers
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I have a son conceived via IUI (inside my body) and a daughter conceived via IVF (outside my body). My connection with them is no different.

• 6 months ago

You made a baby on your own. That was clever of you.

• 6 months ago

We connect differently to different kids at different times in life. Ask me today which kid I'm most connected to and it'll be a different answer than if you ask me next Monday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Well maybe. Maybe there's more of a connection because you're a more confident mum now. Maybe there's more of a connection because it's a girl.

Who knows.

• helene
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Or, maybe you'd feel more of a connection with a daughter regardless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.