College Financial aid payment question?

Hello, So for winter 2019 I received financial aid which was about 3200 for that semester, and they are saying I owe all of it back. Heres the story, A couple months later after the semester finished. Mid during summer my schools financial aid president calls me in to go into the office and that he needs to talk to... show more Hello, So for winter 2019 I received financial aid which was about 3200 for that semester, and they are saying I owe all of it back. Heres the story, A couple months later after the semester finished. Mid during summer my schools financial aid president calls me in to go into the office and that he needs to talk to me. So they said there was a mistake and I was actually declined for financial aid and it even shows up on their system that im not suppose to receive any for that semester/previous. So they said that one of the financial aid people messed up and sent the money to me on accident and that I owe all of it back. So, long story short. Do I have to pay all of it back even though it wasn't my fault. And they told me after the semester ended and all. They said theres nothing they can do to help.
Update: PS. They even said it was their fault. But since I received the money i need to pay it back. But i spent it all