Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 12 months ago

I'm 23, is it worth it to go to college, or is it too late already and its better to go into business?

I'm 23 and have no college degree.

I don't know what to do, I could become a small business owner or get a college degree.

I just don't know how useful would it be, I don't know wether college is something designed for kids and I'm 23 already and is it time to move on.

What would you do?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

I wouldn't say it's too late. It kind of depends on a lot of factors, though.

Did you like school? Were you good at school? Do you need a college degree to do what you see yourself doing?

• 12 months ago

College is designed for adults -- and you are an adult. You are the only one who can decide whether it is worth the time, effort and expense to go to college. Are you happy with the job you have now? Is it something you would enjoy doing for the foreseeable future? If you want to go into business, do you already have a skill that you can turn into a business? If not, how are you going to get those skills? How will you learn to run a busienss? Talk to an academic adviser at your community college to see what opportunities are available there.

• 12 months ago

See a college counselor.

• 12 months ago

Don’t go a hundred grand in debt for a college degree unless it grants you a license at the end to do something other people can not do

A license to practice medicine

Dentistry

Law

Nursing

Pharmacy

Physiotherapy

Otherwise train for the job you want either through trade school of teaching yourself online while actually doing something.

Get a plumbers license

In a few years go in business for yourself

Become a nurse - smart male nurses with professional degrees are going to be in demand

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

What would you do?

Work on my spelling, for a start.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.