Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

What should I do if strangers frequently call the police when my 17 year old attends night parties, since she looks like an 11-12 year old?

My 17 year old daughter has the body and face of a 6th grader. When she’s out partying with other 17 year olds, it raises concerns because she appears like a young child with neglectful parents. Strangers have called the police several times. They always describe my daughter as: approximately 11-12 years old, partying with an older crowd, no parents are present. The police leaves us alone once we show proof that she’s actually 17 but with a very prepubescent look. It’s a hassle to deal with these reports.

• Foofa

Until your daughter is 18 she has no business being at all these parties. Just as the cops might assume her to be younger so would any predator or teenage boy looking for an easy victim. Do better, Mom.

1 year ago

maybe she needs to bring id to prove how old she is

• 1 year ago

Have her carry her ID card with her so she can show it to the authorities where ever she is instead of having to come back to the house for it.

• 1 year ago

Be a more responsible parent. Provide your daughter with proper ID to show people.

• Bill
    1 year ago

Don't let your daughter go to parties with strangers who don't know her age.

• 1 year ago

Perfectly natural for the situation at hand might be an advantage in not getting arrested too.