promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 10 months ago

Hello, I seem to have a bony lump where head and neck meet, I noticed like three months back and it hasn’t seem to have grown?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

It's called the external occipital protuberance and is a natural part of your skull. But if it worries you, by all means see a doctor to make sure it isn't abnormal and to put your mind at ease.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

If it’s above the skin, hard/soft, and hurts, then it’s a harmless pimple. If it’s under the skin, painless, and moves around, then it’s either a cyst, lymph node, or lipoma.

If it’s under the skin, hard, growing, and nonmobile, then that’s when it’s serious and needs medical attention. I have movable lumps all over my throat, but was tested multiple times. I also have a nonmobile lump behind my neck but it’s inside/on the skin and is a pimple.

No growth is a good sign, and there is no reason to believe it’s anything serious. Just maybe order a CBC at your next doctors appointment?

~Bob

Source(s): Personal experience
    • ...Show all comments
    • bob10 months agoReport

Ok but is it under the skin and movable? The occipital region of the skull is rather smooth and should not portrude in the back of your neck. Three months is a while, but I’ve had my lumps for almost a year.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

M

Dndnjdjdndnnfmdnr

• 10 months ago

Go to the doctor. You either have a knot, bite, strain, or, worst case scenario, a tumor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.