A.C. unit in R.V. stopped working. worked for a whole week fine.got home parked it and went back out 3 weeks later.?

got to Kentucky hot n humid air and guess what? it blows air but does not cool.

any idea what could of went wrong?

it was a very miserable week.

I look at it this way. I "could monkey with it, not knowing what I am doing and totally FORK it up so the next hot spell is a "Visit to Hell"..or, I could take it to a shop that SPECIALIZES IN R.V. A/C and pay them to fix it.

. As it only sat there unused, then it must be something simple...right? That is how they are built. So FAULT YOURSELF FIRST. You forgot to do something...most likely. Something simple.

Or,or,or...a radical idea would to read the operators manual. They print those books just to waste time, paper and ink...or they HAVE THE ANSWER.

I know I am pushing the envelope here but some people never read instructions....think they know everything when they PROVE they know nothing. You might know some people like that.

• Road Warrior6 months agoReport

I seriously doubt this, as he said worked fine a week. If he just bought it and couldn't get it to work, some climate controls are confusing. The Chrysler had a loose switch to the cabin air filter, took a rap to get fans going.

In very humid conditions, often evaporator ices up. Leave it off awhile until it all melts, try again.

Could be anything. Does fan blow strong? Even a healthy AC wont work effectively without good airflow.

Check cabin filter.

Check for leaves clogging condenser.

Check for blown fuses. Make sure climate control set correctly.

Make sure compressor turning, if on engine's belt. If a hermetically sealed unit, you can put hand on it and feel. If very hot, restricted cap tube or start winding burnt.

You can borrow a set of gauges from an auto parts store . Check You Tube on hookup. Even borrow vacc pump and evacuate/recharge.

You have more then a small leak. Time to see an AC repair mechanic.

You might need a new compressor.