Isn’t it weird that my therapist would use toys during therapy with me? I’m 33 years old?

I was married to my rapist (my father’s cousin) when I was 12 and we have 5 kids together. I went through lots of problems with him because he makes me do stuff with other male relatives and his friends, I am still with him for cultural reasons. Anyways, I started therapy with a trauma psychologist after I was... show more I was married to my rapist (my father’s cousin) when I was 12 and we have 5 kids together. I went through lots of problems with him because he makes me do stuff with other male relatives and his friends, I am still with him for cultural reasons. Anyways, I started therapy with a trauma psychologist after I was sent to a mental hospital after having manic episodes in public. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and ptsd. During therapy my therapist keeps giving me stuffed toys and toy figures to hold and touch, and every time I get start talking about the abuse and I start opening up he changes the subject and asks me which toy in the room do you like best, and when I start crying he starts asking me where I got my shoes from or what tv show did you watch, like he doesn’t want to see me shaking and crying. Isn’t therapy supposed to be about me opening up? Also isn’t it weird that he uses toys during therapy? My kids are teenagers and are too old to play with toys, I feel like he treats me like I’m retarded. My doctor told me he’s a perfect fit for me because he’s specialized in ptsd, anxiety and depression and he’s middle eastern/Muslim like me. He has great reviews and sounds smart when he talks but I’m confused.