Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

how do I get through this? pls, help me out?

I've just got into an argument with my mom n aunt about two completely different things. first, my aunt has no right to jump into our argument, n sure calling my mother the B-word is wrong but my mother is always trying to be right even when she is wrong. anyway, my mom and I were arguing about my bodyweight problem but I am fine on how I look plus I honestly don't care what others think of me. my mom kept annoying me about if I have been walking the dog (and it's not even for the dog but for me only) lately (which I have) even if my sister came back from her trip to Wisconsin. you see, during her trip to WI to work for her car I have been doing both our chore list while my aunt and her daughter do nothing but sleep or go to work, but at the time it was summer so my cousin didn't have to school. So, I have to do all "chore list" by myself with no help like mowing the lawn, picking up my little brothers at different times, then on Friday clean both of the bathrooms upstairs n down, and on top of that be the dishwasher for a month with no help, plus cook for my little brother while I have made food my sister pets. I mean, I just have a lot on my plate and my aunt has the never say something even when she has nothing to do with the problem. sorry English is my first language so I'm sorry for grammar. but I'm not going to apologize because I have done nothing wrong

I'm beginning to feel like what I do isn't enough to please my mother because I'm the only one the family who help her out with the house, but if my younger sister did "ONE" good thing then all my hard work is for nothing. I mean, they said she is more adult because she 'drive" a car and if that case I'm too an adult but no I'm not. Ugh, Im so frustrated with this family that does appreciate their firstborn son.

• Foofa

Your mother has a very complicated relationship with her sister that likely predates your existence by decades, so there's probably not much you can do about that. But your "bodyweight problem" isn't just about the way you look. Obesity kills, but before it kills it puts you through years of misery. So worry less about Auntie and more about getting yourself healthy.

maybe you should tell them what you just told us

My heart goes out to you. It seems from what you have said, your hard work in your household goes unappreciated. It is truly heartwarming to receive a few words of commendation or gratitude. But what has happened to appreciation? In today’s materialistic world sincere expressions of appreciation are disappearing! Gratitude is being replaced by a “me-first” attitude. Lacking in the vocabulary of many is the simple phrase “Thank you very much!” This situation is in fulfillment of the Bible's prophetic words: “But you must realise that in the last days the times will be full of danger. Men will become utterly self-centred . . . They will be utterly lacking in gratitude.”​ (2 Timothy 3:1-5, Phillips Bible)

Sadly, we can't change people's actions (even our family members) but we can show an appreciative attitude toward others. How? By imitating God's example. Jehovah (God's personal name) sets the example for us in expressing appreciation. One way he does this is by rewarding those who please him. (2 Samuel 22:21) The Scriptures encourage us to “become imitators of God, as beloved children.” (Ephesians 5:1) So a key reason why we should express appreciation is that we want to follow Jehovah’s example.

There is another reason why we want to express appreciation to others. Appreciation is like a good meal​; it is more enjoyable when shared. When we feel appreciated, we are happy. When we express our appreciation, we make others happy. The person who receives your gratitude knows that his efforts to help you, or to give you something you need, were worthwhile. As a result, the bond of love between you and that person is strengthened.

So, why not try each day to show yourself thankful by what you say and do, even if it is not shown to you. Your heartfelt words or actions may be just what another person may need to make it through one more day in this unthankful world. And your expressions of thanks will strengthen your relationship with your family members that can last a very long time. Most important, you will be imitating the generous, appreciative God, Jehovah and not only will he reward you, but you will be "happy."

Source(s): jw.org; Bible

"English is my first language so I'm sorry for grammar."?!

If you don't care what others think of you why argue?! It takes two.