How do taxes work with drop shipping, it seems like the government is doubling up on this?

I found out about this by basically being "scammed" or so it felt. I bought something on ebay and it came shipped from another store. This lead me to the thought process of the "buyer" technically being the ebay store, paid sales tax to the store, yet so did I on purchase of ebay's site. ... show more I found out about this by basically being "scammed" or so it felt. I bought something on ebay and it came shipped from another store. This lead me to the thought process of the "buyer" technically being the ebay store, paid sales tax to the store, yet so did I on purchase of ebay's site. So i paid something like $6 and they paid something like $4 or 5$. Are they somehow getting this money back or is the government just banking all this and laughing
Update: FYI item was roughly $70 with tax but i could have gotten it from the store for around $50 but all the fees and taxes made the price that much higher and made it feel like a scam...not saying it actually is since the 3rd party seller made minuscule amounts
Update 2: Thanks for the resale info. this didn't cross my mind as part of the transaction