promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

friend said that I mean a lot to...?

My friend who got me into rehab wants me to go again because I relapsed. He said you mean a lot to me and he doesn’t want to lose me to addiction because he’s lost so many people and I’m such a cool person. Is he just being friendly? I am surprised he said he didn’t want to lose me either because I’ve never had that good of a friend to actually care about me and my life.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

"Just being friendly" as opposed to what one wonders. You're in no condition to date so if that's what's on your mind you'll need to disabuse yourself of it. Most sobriety programs make you stay sober for a year or more before they allow you to date. Besides, just wanting you to not die is only humane and doesn't necessarily mean anything more than "I don't want you to die".

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

It sounds like he does actually care about you. Not knowing you or him, I am just speculating, because it is all I can do given the circumstances presented here. But, that said, I would definitely recommend seeking out people that genuinely give a **** about you. That **** is hard to find, most people only care about you for as much as they can use you for. I say give him a chance, the truth will present itself with time.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.