Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 months ago

Wife’s - on a scale of 1 - divorce; how mad would you be?

Went to Las Vegas and my friend got me into a release party.

Long story short, I met a super well known A List actress... ended up in her suite after the party and hooked up with her.

I’m not the cheating type... but didn’t want to pass up the opportunity.

Would a husband cheating w/ a celeb mitigate it for you at all?

I might be surprised and shocked, but not for a second would I consider divorcing my husband because he acted on a once in a life-time opportunity. We freed each other from guilt over living our best lives a long time ago. We know that humans are not naturally monogamous and so don't expect the other to deny being human.

You are wrong. You ARE the cheating type. Right, and I believe everything you said.

Not one little bit. Cheating is cheating, no matter who you did it with. And "not being able to pass up the opportunity" wouldn't be much of an excuse for having done it, in my books.

• Ana

Obviously she’s going to be less mad at you. She still going to be mad, but part of her.... a VERY small part of her.... will at least be impressed too, and a small part of her will feel good about herself that she is married to a guy that’s attractive enough to get a celebrity....

But she still going to be pissed off and jealous, and hurt, and she will think you’re an a*sshole.

I recommend telling her, rather than keeping it a secret, but you should just be really apologetic. I would definitely say that you were slightly tipsy (but not drunk... cuz if you say you’re drunk she’ll think maybe you didn’t bang a celebrity after all) and say that your friends were pressuring you to do it and they all did it.

Just tell her that it’s never going to happen again, and you want to make sure you control your alcohol from now on, try not to drink much, try not to hang out with stupid friends, etc.

If you come clean, show love/sorry, and mention how you will change, she will forgive you

Not if he didn't tell me.

• Nitro

No. Cheating is still cheating. When you marry someone, you take a vow to be faithful to that person.

• PD

Some people do, but not many. It's gone by the wayside with the love, honor and OBEY line. I know I didn't take a bow to be faithful because she didn't take a bow to obey.
      So..... There's that.