How do I tell my soccer coach I cant make it to my practices?

So, I’m 15 years old, and I play travel soccer as well as swim for school. I’m not the best at soccer, but the coach put me on A team because he liked my personality (this part is important because it shows how much I suck oops). So, with that being said, we have two practices a week during school, on tuesdays and thursdays, and it turns out that meet days for swim are on thursdays at the same exact time as soccer. I’m really scared to tell my coach becaus ewhen he put me on the team he also said “I can tell you’re dedicated and I know I’ll see you at every practice” and none of my friends will help me on this. Tomorrow is my first practice for both sports, should I tell my soccer coach tomorrow???? If so what do I say??? Will it seem mean or petty or rude??

Favorite Answer

I was involved with club soccer and school soccer. They definitely take up a lot of time. 90% of the people I know that we're involved with activities outside of soccer had to choose one or the other. It sucks, but unfortunately sports like that take up a lot of time and if you want to fully be involved you have to pick. If you want to try to make it work, I would try to go back and forth. Maybe one Thursday you go to swim and the next you go to soccer. Or since swim is only on Thursday, make Tuesday for soccer and Thursday for swim. You just have to talk to the coach. I think they would appreciate you talking to them about it rather than just not showing up.

• DEBS

You need to decide which is your priority.

If it's swim, then you tell your soccer coach the situation and say that you're sorry. He may be annoyed, but this isn't the first or last time this type of thing has happened to him.

If it's soccer, then you need to talk to your swim coach about dropping the team.

It's very common to have to pick between two sports you want to do because of schedules.

• jimmy

You have to choose one or the other. I coached a high school team, If you didn't practice, you didn't play.