How can you use your home answering machine if you pair the cell phone with the landline phone?

There would need to be a way to cancel the cell phone voicemail so that it doesn’t pick up before the answering machine. I don’t want to change the answering machine to pickup and 1 or 2 rings. It waits until 4 rings, but so does the cell phone. We want to cancel the landline service and just use the cell phone,... show more There would need to be a way to cancel the cell phone voicemail so that it doesn’t pick up before the answering machine. I don’t want to change the answering machine to pickup and 1 or 2 rings. It waits until 4 rings, but so does the cell phone.

We want to cancel the landline service and just use the cell phone, but keep utilizing the landline phone. The only drawback is the cell phone voicemail, which we would rather not use and use the home answering machine instead.