Do majority of people are driving or taking Uber ???

Do you drive or take Uber do majority of people have a car are you afraid of driving ????

• zipper

NO! I have been driving since I was eight and I am now 70, and I would never take an Uber ride, it is a private car would their insurance cover me if something happened? You do not know until it does!

• Edna

Uber and Lyft aren't everywhere. It might be hard for those in large cities to believe, but most people are driving their own cars, because Uber and Lyft operate mostly in large urban areas where's there's a large number of people who would want their services. You don't find them in rural communities - there's no clientele for them. No one in a rural town is going to want to call Uber when they need to travel 50 miles to the nearest large city - they get in their car and go!

No, I'm not afraid to drive. I've been driving ever since I was 14.

• Katie

Neither - go by bus, as it is LOT cheaper.

Im a little scared to drive but i use my smartphone as a gps and my fear is getting better. But you would have to have alot of money to take an uber everyday.

• <3

I dont like driving. But I dont use car services. I would rather drive myself than get into a car of someone I dont know

In my town of 66k people in NorCal, the majority of people drive their own personal car. Services like Uber/Lyft are available, but not particularly popular. For quick trips here and there it might be cheap, but over the long run, the costs of ride-sharing services can add up.

• In

There are 4 cars and 2 motorcycles here with two drivers. What do you think?

Most people drive because it’s somewhat cheaper in the long run. I work about 25 miles away so if I were to Uber, it’ll costs me about $60 each way, or 120 a day. I’ve never tried Uber so my numbers could be wrong but that’s what I was told. Even if it’s 60 each day, that’s about 1200 a month. My monthly payment is about 310 a month, 200 for gas, 80 for insurance, 225 for parking, 100 for maintenance.

Only losers, millennials and drunks typically don’t have a car

• Brian

No. I have been driving since I was 16.