Should I let it go (car accident)?

My car got hit pretty bad in parking lot and I didn’t notice until I got home. The note/business card (I believe or flier but probably note) flew off when I was driving home. This happened Thursday and I’ve been looking like a mad woman trying to find it in the area it flew off. Is it pointless? Should I let it go?

I just really don’t want another claim on my insurance (yes I contacted them and the police - also told them about the note). The $250 isn’t a big deal but it’s mostly the principal.

Should I just let it go? :( I feel awful. Such a dumb mistake to make but I was rushing to get home and the damage is from the passenger side. I feel so guilty.

• Erik

You shouldn't feel guilty. But feeling foolish is understandable. You either didn't read the note (which doesn't make sense, because who wouldn't read something that's stuck on their windshield), or you did, and decide to just leave it on there vs. putting it in your car. If you haven't found the note by now, probably you never will. Let it be.

• Erik

She said it flew off, she also said she has been looking like a mad woman, indicating she has already tried. Wind would be worse than rain in this situation. Every day it has probably moved further from where it was initially.

$250 and "hit pretty bad" are mutually exclusive.

• Kathy6 months agoReport

Deductible