Homeowners' association property manager billed me $1200+ for an OLD smoke detector and gave me a fake invoice: fraud?

In my homeowners' association, all homes are on a community-wide smoke alarm system. Based on an online search, each new smoke alarm costs $330. My property manager: * Billed me $1200+ for the smoke detector plus installation and related work * At first, didn't give me an invoice; instead, the property... show more In my homeowners' association, all homes are on a community-wide smoke alarm system. Based on an online search, each new smoke alarm costs $330.

My property manager:

* Billed me $1200+ for the smoke detector plus installation and related work

* At first, didn't give me an invoice; instead, the property manager gave me an internal email saying, "we used an old smoke detector- just bill him $1200+".

* Later, gave me a piece of paper that the property manager said was an invoice for the smoke detector. But it wasn't- it was a quote for buying a new smoke detector, which wasn't what was used in my property.

So I was charged a brand-new price for an old smoke detector.

Then I was given varying reasons for the price, including a piece of paper passed off as an "invoice", but it wasn't an invoice, and it wasn't for the smoke detector that was used for me.

How mad would you be?

Would you consider this mess dishonesty by the property manager? Or fraud?