How do I tell him I'm not ready without killing the mood?

I live in a liberal city that has a surplus of eligible men and women and have to say it has been the most difficult place I have lived to attempt a committed relationship. I think the values of people here don't align with me and really don't know how to navigate this city dating! I have attempted casual... show more I live in a liberal city that has a surplus of eligible men and women and have to say it has been the most difficult place I have lived to attempt a committed relationship. I think the values of people here don't align with me and really don't know how to navigate this city dating! I have attempted casual flings and it is not for me, but I see many of them not only expect it but feel entitled by talking over text about what they want to happen the first time for the date. Mind you these are men I met in real life not online. I like to wait to be intimate and really am interested in creating an emotional bond and wanting something long term and to weed out anyone else that is casual, not interested to know me as a person or wants to rush things. I also have a daughter so I have limited time to date so I don't want to waste it with the wrong energy. What do I do?!
3 answers 3