Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 11 months ago

What do you think are the three most important qualities required to be successful in an acting career?

And how do you embody or demonstrate those qualities?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Pope
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

1. You have to actually do stuff:

Most actors don't make money or get acting work because they sit back and expect their agent to get them all their work. They work in coffee shops and go "my agents got me nothing this month". They don't...

-Apply for jobs

-Attend events

-Make their own plays/films/whatever

-Ring their agent to suggest things.

-Learn new skills to project themselves (writing, directing, editing, filming, comparing, choreographing)

- etc etc etc

You'll be a lot luckier if you do more things.

2.Persistence (keep doing stuff):

It takes a while for people to notice but eventually they do. If you write a play a year and put it on for seven years, you'll be a better playwright and actor, and maybe one of those seven scripts will be half decent. Jus keep doing it.

You'll be a lot luckier still if you do more things for longer.

3. Make choices/ take risks.

I don't really believe in talent, people just make better choices and take more risks. That's all talent is; the conclusion of a string of brave choices.

That's my advice :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

It's mostly down to good contacts and luck.

Apart from that, huge talent and a lot of money, determination, dedication and hard work.

• Roger
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

1. Connections 2. Good looks 3. Luck

• 11 months ago

Ability to learn the script, the ability to focus and be in the moment, and the ability to convincingly play the role. You do that via practice and even more practice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

1. Talent/looks. God-given. You have it, or you don't. If you have no talent, you're not going anywhere no matter what.

2. Luck. No explanation. ALL success in ANYTHING depends largely on luck. This includes everything from your choice of parents to where you live to what kind of early exposure you get, and a million things you don't even think of.

3. HARD WORK. Taking advantage of your advantages, your talent, whatever else you have going for you. None of that will help if you don't give it your best.

Just about any kind of success is based on all three of these things, maybe in different proportions.

• 11 months ago

Talent, dedication, and connections. Perhaps the third is the most important.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.