Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

is it true what kent hovind say that you have to be young earth creationists to be Christian?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

God help us if fundamentalist Protestants are the only Christians! That would mean that Christianity didn't exist until about 200 years ago.

• Everard
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

"That would mean that Christianity didn't exist until about 200 years ago."

True...

On very rare occasions we agree 😎
      ~

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nope.................................

• 6 months ago

No. Absolutely not. No way.

• 6 months ago

I doubt he said that, but one doesn't have to fully understand our origins in order to become a Christian. However, if they "prove all things" (1Th 5:21), they'll eventually come to the real truth on the matter.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Sean
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

To be Christian? No. To believe God does not lie? No.

To clarify though, a Christian is someone who puts their faith and trust in Christ. They are a flawed individual who, by the grace of God, is forgiven. This is called justification. That person has much to learn, and will continue learning all throughout their lives. This is a process called sanctification. A person justified is going to heaven, but a person being sanctified still may have many beliefs counter to what the bible says or the interpretation of what it says. God will work with that person and grow them over time and through experienced.

For this reason, a person can be justified in Christ and not believe in YEC. They also may not have a complete trust in the truthfulness of the scripture at that point, but trust that Christ has forgiven them. This is why I answered as such at the top. As you study the word, you will see God does not lie, and he is fully speaking clearly to us as to what he has done. It is not a fable as some say. It is written in historic style, not poetic.

In regards to Kent Hobind, I don't know the man, nor have I heard/seen anything about him.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

He is ********....(gggggvcc

• 6 months ago

Kent Hovind is a lying tax cheat who has no credibility about anything. To be a Christian, you have to follow the teachings of Jesus which you will find in the Gospels. Jesus said nothing at all bout the age of the earth or science. He did say to love your neighbour as yourself, to turn the other cheek, not to judge or you'll be judged and for one who is without sin to cast the first stone. These teachings are ignored by Hovind and the rest of the fundamentalist and Republican religious right so they have no idea what being a Christian means and are certainly not Christians themselves.

• 6 months ago

IDK cause I work hard at not listening to anything Kent Hovind or his son have to say.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

YECs are some of the dumbest humans alive.

Don't emulate them.

• 6 months ago

I guess Kent has a special Bible that says "he who believes, is baptized and believes in a literal six-day creation shall be saved."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.