Jordan asked in SportsBasketball · 9 months ago

Should I play point guard or shooting guard in NBA 2K20 career mode?

My favorite position is PG but I want my player to be a great in-game dunker. I know the average PG height is more than enough to dunk, but the NBA is a big man’s league where the average height is 6’7”! So I’m not sure if a 6’2 point guard will be a great in-game dunker unless he’s wide open of course or dunking on a defender around the same height. I don’t want to make a taller PG because then I may as well make a SG. I also want to make him a great dribbler (Kyrie’s level) and defender. Basically an all around game with attacking the rim and the mid range shot being his most significant aspects on offense, and a dunker like Zach Lavine...

You should play SF. It's the best position in basketball, and typically they are like the Swiss Army knives on the court (Julius Erving, Larry Bird, Scottie Pippen, LeBron James). A lot of players at this position have the IQ and the handles to play PG and also have the height to play in the post when need be. Perfect height would be 6'8-6'9 and between 230-270 lbs.

If youre thinking of becoming a 2 way slasher, you shouldnt be a guard at all. Almost every guard should have either 3pt shooting/shot creating to maybe go with playmaking if theyre not gonna be pure. No guard should have any buisness in the paint and one that cant shoot a 3 is even more useless. This class combined with a 6'2 height will just get demolished by any center that knows how to play.

However if you dont plan to play park or rec center, disregard my advice and have fun with whatever build you please.

Source(s): 2k19 92overall sharp/playmaker PG, roughly 100W/100L in park, roughly 200W/100L rec center.
  • Kathy

Play point guard if you want to.

Spud Webb can dunk.....just sayin'

• Jordan9 months agoReport

Read what I said again...I said great IN-GAME dunker, not just a dunk contest dunker. Spud Webb wasn’t dunking on forwards and centers.