Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 10 months ago

Why do women wear so much make up ?

The women who contour their nose , wear false eyelashes. Why are you looking like that everyday ? You don’t even look like that with the make up off it’s a different person .

What’s the obsession with contour ?

I don't really wear a lot of makeup. The most I wear is foundation, concealer, mascara, and either eyeliner or lipstick. Most days I don't even include eyeliner or lipstick. I stick to somewhat light makeup and I wear that amount because it's what makes me feel confident and I think I look good. It appears natural and yet it covers up my under eye bags and any acne.

But I assume that you are referring to those who apply a lot more than that. Well I can say that it is sort of like an art to them. They like it and it might also make them feel more confident as well.

Did you realize that makeup is like fashion? It changes a LOT over time, and the makeup people applied 10 years ago is different in a way than it is now.

Grandma never left the house without her ghastly matte orange lipstick, and girls nowadays won't leave the house without contour, lashes and structured brows.

Contour is meant to slim the face, or make it appear more youthful (depending on how it is applied). It can also be used to sharpen the nose.

Also, as far as lashes are concerned, if you are fair skinned redhead or blonde you might have pale almost non existent lashes, so rather than applying mascara every single day (which is what girls used to do), you can apply mascara.

contour is for bringing back some color because the base (depending on the level of application) makes your face look as if you're looking ghostly...and it makes their nose look slimmer...

moreover, if they like to contour or whatever, it is their choice. i don't wear makeup at all (only for professional reasons or big events) on a daily basis...just lip balm & sunscreen only ...

• Kaz

They think it enhances their looks. They must like how they look, and don't realize that some people think they look garish and too overdone. Sometimes less is more.

to look better than they do............

If it makes them feel better, why does it matter to anyone else?

I don't wear a lot of makeup because I can't be bothered most days but some people feel otherwise.

• Katerina10 months agoReport

It makes them look nasty actually and it’s not their real look. They are probably insecure.