Why does my dog keep squeeling?

Lately my eight year old maltese mix dog has been sqeeling loudly. I play and talk with him and suddenly he squeels like I have hurt him, which I know I haven’t. He follows me around and I know I have not stepped on him or anything, but he squeels loudly. I have checked him and he doesn’t appear to be hurt on the... show more Lately my eight year old maltese mix dog has been sqeeling loudly. I play and talk with him and suddenly he squeels like I have hurt him, which I know I haven’t. He follows me around and I know I have not stepped on him or anything, but he squeels loudly. I have checked him and he doesn’t appear to be hurt on the service nor internally. He eats and drinks well, his nose is wet. I was away for one day and he wasn’t alone, now when I approach him he squeels loudly. He’s his normal happy self aside from the loud squeels. I left a door slightly open by accident and where he usually is good and stays nearby, I found him out in the front yard by the front of the house. I’m not sure what’s going on.
4 answers 4