Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 6 months ago

Why do people hate on 300cc motorcycles?

I dont Get it, getting called a girl, people say it’s not fast enough to ride with them. I got It as a starter bike, i dont See the problem you can bang through all the gears and have fun. Not ride a big bike slow

• adam

I started on 71 650 CC Triumph. It was a chopper too. I dont recomend chops for a fisrt bike LOL. Who cares what anyone thinks? Ride it like you stole it son!

• zipper

If your happy with it why do you let them bother you?

I don't know people that would say you have a girly bike. Usually it's not recommended. The issue is that while a 250 or 300cc is a good starter bike, you would do better going with a 500 or 600cc. The logic behind that being that you will quickly outgrow the 250 or 300cc bike. If you ride regularly, it only takes a few months of riding to do that. Still, you ride what you want regardless of what others think.

As the saying goes: 'Haters gonna hate'.

Some of the most derisive comments you will ever hear about the make/model/cc of a motorcycle (or the make/model of a car) are made by snot-nosed kids who don't even own a vehicle.

• Road Warrior6 months agoReport

Or Honda riders who never had a Brit bike. I've had more trouble with a Honda than my 3 Triumphs or my two (running) Harleys.

Never heard Anyone hate on anything above a moped. Even mopeds and electric bikes are now tolerated with $3/ gal gas. Kinda wish I had a little 300cc for errands, going to class, etc. Save wear on my Harley.

My 1983 Honda CB650 out cornered the new Heritage Softails in the ALR when I rode with them last year on River Road, south.

Not I, nor any of us Bikers here in my state; hates on Anybody on 3 wheels or less, if They don't actually Mess with them. Not even the Hells Angels, AZ.* Part of Biking, or, motorcycling, is Independence; part is Brotherhood. We Help a broke down Bro, even if on a Vespa.

A kid in my class bought a new Honda Rebel, he could not start it one afternoon. I looked, I said: Yore gas is off. He said: *I Knew that-!" Pow-Pow-pow......

Some punks on Hondas (In Cali ) back in '79 Even made fun of my Nearly New T140V 750cc Triumph. Mostly, because they had pussy-button start, I had a dogleg. I almost caught one and made him Eat his words. I realized then it's Not Worth risking dropping your ride, serious injury, or, even your Life to prove you can keep up with punks that are All Mouth. Don't even flip 'em off, you can lose control. None will Fight. Not One.

I carry an 18" axle wrench in a saddlebag. Maybe You should, Too.

Source(s): Done 36 runs, rallys, parties; most of fees goes to Charity. At least We help ;not just ride for our own worthless sakes and insult others... * Actually, Especially 1%ers. The Man is watching them for RICO violations , they cant bother with this chicken-s****.
    • adam

ball peen hammer in back pocket ol skool . 45 caliber Colt tucked in my pants as well

• Tim D

Who cares what people think?

Just ride it.

Haters gotta hate. Next time one o' them 500 to 700 pounders goes down, video the sucker trying to get it back up and post it on youtube. The correct comment is: "What's the matter? Can't get it up?"

• Road Warrior6 months agoReport

Your arguement makes as much "sense" as insulting the driver of a stuck Dodge Ram--"Whatsa Matter, can't You Push it? "

• ?

The first "motorcycle" I ever rode was a 50cc Honda Cub step-thru. I then graduated up to a 250cc Ducati and then to a 250cc Suzuki. I didn't ride a "Big Bike" for several years after that. There's NOTHING wrong with 300cc motorcycles.

Source(s): More than 50 years of motorcycle riding experience and still around to talk about it.
    • Road Warrior6 months agoReport

I had 50, 70, then 90cc Hondas. Them a 650cc Triumph. Haven't gone back , but miss my trail bike, with all the open desert out here.

There is nothing wrong with a 300cc bike but they are starter machines for most people who have just passed their test.

However, seasoned riders would find them underpowered and a bit boring after riding large capacity machines, but forget that a smaller bike can be fun. I had a Kawasaki Zx4 and that went around corners as if on rails.

• Lv 5

I would not mind another ZX4g again, but they were a grey import and parts are rare. That's why I sold it due to carburetor problems.

You may be asking the wrong crowd. There are groups who ride 300cc

• Road Warrior6 months agoReport

And Columbo Loves his Renault. There are cult s for everything. This means nothing.