Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 12 months ago

What do I invest my money in in order to be financially secure when I retire?

It's annoying when your answers don't show up huh, thanks and thumbs up!

Favorite Answer

Low or no fee s&p 500 index fund. $500 a month for the next 35+ years will ensure you are a millionaire.

Don't take my word for it.

---------------------

Warren Buffett says if you invested $10,000 in the S&P 500 in 1942, you’d have $51 million today

PUBLISHED MON, FEB 25 2019

---------

Buffett has long championed low-cost index funds.

“I think it’s the thing that makes the most sense practically all of the time,” he recently told CNBC’s On The Money.

-------

There WILL be lots of ups & downs. Never stop investing and never sell out in panic.

A diversified stock portfolio (with a very small amount of bonds and other investments) with a heavy weighting on dividend payers is what I'm using.

If you don't want to learn about things like diversification, risk, and re-balancing, just buy a low-cost Target Date index fund at one of the major online brokerages.

You can look for Pension funds.

• Bryce

The historical compounded annual return of the S&P 500 is about 11%. Invest $150 per month for 40 years and it should grow to $1.29 million. If your spouse could do the same, it would be twice that.

rental houses......

real estate. Buy a fixer house close to a nice neighborhood. fix it up. Use equity to buy another house. Repeat

Source(s): retirement is a myth

If you dont want to follow stocks then just buy an S&P 500 index fund. Its already diversified.

Try hard to save ten percent of your money. Go to Morningstar.com/funds and research the mutual funds. Pick the funds that are in single digit percentiles for three, five and ten years. Look in the large growth or allocation fund areas. Put your investments in on a regular basis. NEVER SELL AND SHIFT FUNDS. If your fund goes down, that means there is a sale on the investment. See Morgan Stanley Inst Growth. Akra Focus Retail. Blackrock Mid Cap Growth Equity. T. Rowe Price New Horizons. Alger Small Cap Focus A.

• Lôn

Investment trusts!!!