Is it ok to eat a burger that had very very small drop of red in it?
- 5 months ago
What do you mean by very small red in the burger? Did you mean to say that the meat is cooked thoughoutly though you did notice a very slight amount of pinkish in the ground beef pattie? If so then it okay and totally safe to eat, the color doesn't always mean that the meat was partially undercooked. Sometimes even overcooking it some meats just come out a hint bit pink in the middle of the meat when you cut into it. If your really those type of people though who are extremely sensitive to bit of undercooked meat then keep cooking it in the middle a bit more longer but otherwise it not going to hurt you either. Your stomach is an incredible immune system that contains hydrochloric acid, a deadly acid that very acidic enough to eat the paint right off your bedroom walls, and can even kill you. So if our bodies can take that, a little salmonella is actually good for the immune system, it what makes your immune system stronger so you can fight off more bacteria without risk getting sickSource(s): Not saying you should eat pink meat, I'm just pointing the actual facts
- PippinLv 75 months ago
Unless you are in a high risk group (very old, very young, immune-compromised, etc.) you can eat rare hamburgers. The risk of harm is negligible.
- audreyLv 75 months ago
Yes. It's fine.............
- Anonymous5 months ago
Uuh, it’s not like I wanna scare you or anything like that, but you do realize that the drop of red could’ve been basically anything coming from anyone, right? Was it kinda blood-like?
I’m gonna guess that your gums are a bit irritated so a little of blood dropped on your food. But I’m not a medic, so don’t take this answer for granted.