Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

I'm eating mostly carbs lately. Is it ok?

I mostly want carbs like fruits, cookies in moderation, and other carbs i cant remember now.

But yeah... Also not eating large quantities.

Carbs a a normal food source, so eating them isn't good or bad. Your current choices are really high in sugar, which is bad. Even eating a peach will spike your insulin because that is how the glycogen from the fructose gets into your cells. If most of your calories are coming from carbs and cookies, you're missing out on essential nutrients. Your body needs amino acids (protein) and fatty acids (fat) as well as vitamins, minerals, and fiber. A cookie doesn't really have any of those.

• Louis

Not really. a person's diet should also include fat and protein.

I like to use Dr. Gregar's checklist to make sure I am eating a varied and healthy diet.

Something's wrong.

You emphasized fruit and cookies. I have some concerns you might be getting too much sugar. You should regard cookies as "junk food." Fruit is good, but usually has a significant amount of sugar.

I'm also concerned you can't remember what other food or carbs you are eating.

I suggest you consult your family physician.