Do Pro-Choice Parents pay for their daughters abortions?

• Foofa

If their daughters are minors it's customary for the parents to pay for all their medical needs.

• RICK

Some do some don't

I had no daughters but would pay for my neices or granddaughters abortions if the need arose

• PoBoy

I certainly would if that was necessary. Look, my daughter was accepted at an Ivy, do you seriously think I would ask her to stay home and be a minimum wage unwed mother? Because some multi-millionaire phony preacher demands it? Not a chance in a million.

Very often, yes. Girls who have plans for their lives--who have been accepted to good colleges, who have plans for a career, etc.--are the ones who have abortions. Girls who have babies in their teens with no means of support are the ones who had nothing better planned.

At one time our chuckleheaded vice president Dan Quayle was the Christian Right's main spokesman. He was asked by a reporter if his teenaged daughter (he had one!) told him she was pregnant and she was considering getting an abortion, what would he do? He said he would advise her against abortion, but he'd support her in her decision, whatever that was. And yet he wanted to pass laws preventing other loving fathers from honoring THEIR daughters' decisions.

None of your business

in the politics section that's a toxic post.

Many do, but some can’t afford it. I grew up in a Midwestern working class area, and my neighbor got pregnant at 17, and, even though abortions are legal, her family couldn’t afford one. As a pro-lifer, it makes me wonder if abortions are really bad for society at large if they’re helping prevent unwanted pregnancies?