promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
sun asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 months ago

Is toner useless? (skincare)?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

i dont use a toner...i just wash my face with soap & water after applying makeup remover wipes ....then i put on a lotion...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

For oily acne prone skin like mine it's essential.

The alcohol really helps in stopping pimples.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Toner is a product that one time was essential. Now it's not needed. Back long ago ake-up was made with heavy waxes, fats and grease. These heavy products needed a strong cleaner to remove them. Woman slathered heavy creams over the make-up and used tissues to wipe off the cream. Tissues weren't enough to remove the oil left behind by the cleansing cream so an alcohol-based toner was needed to clean away the cleanser. Modern make-up is no longer made with heavy animal fats or heavy greasy oils and a simple foaming water rinse-away cleanser is all that's needed. Modern cleansers are made so they clean but don't leave a residue behind. With no residue there's no need for harsh toners. Your skin doesn't need alcohol -all that does is burn the skin. When woman stopped buying toners the advertising changed to claim that they "closed the pores" Your pores aren't like little windows that can be opened and closed -so that claimed use for toner is bogus. There are very few toners without alcohol and many lines and brands don't even bother making toners anymore. After cleansing your skin gets far more beneficial stuff if you use a serum targeting your specific skin concern -beta hydroxy for acne, retinol for fine lines, hyaluronic acid for dry skin -whatever you have -and follow with a good moisturizer. Skin's needs are really quite simple -it does best with simple care and gentle products that don't burn and don't make it turn red..

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I never understood the point of it...but I suppose maybe there must be some reason behind it............

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.