ANYONE KNOW WHAT A SOFA TABLE IS.?

I saw a table it was called a sofa table. It's what I call a console table. A sofa table to me sounds like a coffee table or is that the new word for a coffee table. thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not a coffee table, but a long tall narrow table you put against a wall and place something decorative on like a lamp or vase of flowers and framed photographs. It kind of fills in some space along a wall and looks nice. Some people use this tupe of table also in their front entrance or a hallway.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

A sofa table and a console table are pretty much the same. They are long and narrow tables that take up very little floor space, so they are great behind a sofa or along side a dining table or other areas where there is not a lot of room.

A coffee table is typically placed in front of a sofa. A coffee table is usually about the height of the sofa's seat. This way, it is easy to put a drink, a magazine or the remote control on the coffee table.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

"What is the difference between a Console Table and a Sofa Table?

The terms describe the same basic piece of furniture. A wide table that is shallow in depth, and roughly table or desk height. They can have legs, sides, or pedestals for support and can also have shelves or stretchers below the top surface or just be open underneath. They are usually rectangular but not always. They can be curved or shaped.

Console tables are traditionally placed against walls as in Foyers or Hallways. Sofa tables are traditionally placed behind sofas as in Living Rooms, Family Rooms and Libraries."

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

A sofa table is a table that you put behind your sofa that comes up to the height of the back of your sofa.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

It’s basically a coffee table. It goes in front of a couch

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.