Puppy recourse guarding?

So my husband brought home a 12-14 week old puppy a bit over a month ago (rescued from a boarder line puppy mill) and just last week we had to board our dogs at my job (a kennel) from Aug. 9th to Aug. 18th which I didn t want to do but it had to be done. In that time my puppy obviously changed and she began... show more So my husband brought home a 12-14 week old puppy a bit over a month ago (rescued from a boarder line puppy mill) and just last week we had to board our dogs at my job (a kennel) from Aug. 9th to Aug. 18th which I didn t want to do but it had to be done. In that time my puppy obviously changed and she began resource guarding which she didn t do before that week of separation from my husband and I. Feeding them, I separate their bowls and she would always finish before my other dogs and with a little correcting always respected their space, with toys I didn t have any issues besides the occasional grumble from my other little dogs but thats it, I mean they are dogs so its expected with a new puppy around. Right when I brought then back home I gave them little chew things one for each dog and she ended up lunging at my other dogs when they would get near her or had a chew she wanted. I immediately corrected her (it happened about three times at random, not every time) I can tell she is listening and will eventually learn but I m curious to know what tips and tricks I can get on here... A little side note: she starts a 6 week training program on the 27th of this month :) and there is some info about her and the situation I will not share bc I m not here for a lecture, I m here for tips and tricks other people are kind enough to share. Thank you for responding!
3 answers 3