Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 11 months ago

Law is it legal for my parents to steal the door off my room?

First my mom yelled at me. She told dad and he yelled at me and then he took my door off the wall. By law I supposed have privacy.There house but my door. My door goes to my room.

My door is now locked up in the base ment.

i had agreed to not lock my door. my parents do door checks on us. i forgot and locked my door an when she found it she said it was my last strike

i think my door my be broke bc dad used a hammer to take it down an i t made alot of noise. it has to be broke now.

BTW

MY parents keep there door locked all the tmie so why cant we????? the door belongs to the person who lives in that place

Favorite Answer

It is their house and their door. As long as you live with them, expect no privacy. Part of being a parent is to know what trouble your child could be getting into and that trumps any privacy concerns you have.

You had a fight with your parents. It didn't go your way and you retreated behind a door at a time you were susceptible to influence. Your parents made sure you were safe. Thank them. You have to earn the right to privacy. You do that by constantly demonstrating you can be trusted in a situation like you were in. You did the opposite.

Of course, you will not like this response, but it is what you need to hear and understand.

How old are you? If 21 and over, you are an adult and can move out.

If you are a minor, they can do as they please.

First off.. YOUR PARENTS OWN THE DOOR and they can do what they want with it.. You didn't buy it so shut up or pack your crap and move out.. OH THAT'S RIGHT Just MOVE OUT Because they bought your clothes to so only take what you actually worked and got the money to buy for yourself..

You live at home there is no law saying you have privacy.. GO to jail and see how much the LAW SAYS YOU HAVE PRIVACY... YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE TWERP... YOU should have been a poster child for Planned Parenthoods Abortion Clinic.

• SCATTY c

Holly, abusing people who take the time to answer your question, is gonna get you reported kid !

By law nonsense its their house they own it and everything in it and they own you

the only way they cant do it is if you're paying them rent with a rental agreement or lease, and that can't be done unless you an adult

• .11 months agoReport

I didnt even have a door as a teenager. We were poor and only had 2 bedrooms and i had to sleep on a daybed in the diningroom.

Not only legal but what millions of other parents should utilize. You lock a door in MY HOUSE and the door would have been kicked down to show you I mean business about your little secret life.

• Holly11 months agoReport

Well I sense your children hate you.

When you aren't the one footing the bill for the rent, and utilities you have no rights..

It's their house as they can choose to do whatever they wish to

• Grace

Yes if you are not paying rent or you broke some rules and maybe they love you and are protecting you from things that could make you sad in time. My child helped around the house and more and did wonderful things I did not ask. The room was her space and I had a simple rule regarding her room; keep it neat so I am not embarrassed when company visits or close your door. She did not want to clean up perfect so she closed her door but she grew up to be very neat and proud of the fine adult she became.

• e9601:

You live in THEIR house. You sound like a bratty kid who thinks the world revolves around them. Grow up and talk to them.

Your logic is flawed.

As long as it's your Parent's house all the doors in the house are Theirs too!

And,,in effect, even the ' Room' they currently allow you the privilege of occupying is also Their's.

And all the more effectively, since it's Their house, Their rooms therein and Their doors therein & throughout it's also Their rules!!

Witch means they can lock the their own bedroom door like a bank vault and literally burn every other door in their house & replace them with shower curtains if they want to.

In fact,, there is no law that requires them to have any doors or curtains in their house at all.

Neither is their any law that says they can't provide you with clothing from the Second-Hand store,

Or, requires them to Feed you any more than a Thousand calories a day even if it's just Dog-food as long as it's not labeled unfit for human-consumption!

So I suggest compromising with your parents.

Replacement doors and non-lockable knob-sets are available at Low's & Home Depot.

Otherwise, Pet Smart has some tasty alternatives and you might even find a cute little dog-house with a with a curtain on the entrance that you can use in the back yard,

Since as long as it's also Their Property, technically the Law doesn't pacifically require them to provide you with any more 'Shelter' than that either or as much as a lawn sprinkler on the end of the water-hose for bathing!

Your parents are out of control and irrational. Whether or not it’s legal I don’t know. Even if it is, they should consider the fact that you’re not going to forget this when you get older.

This sounds like many of these "Yahoo!News" stories: we only get one side, and not all of it.

It is their house, therefore it is their door and "their room" where you happen to live... and do whatever causes parents to yell at you.

IF (this is a big if) you are the adult age (for your state), AND if you pay rent and have a lease, then you could make a case that your room includes your door. Without the door, it is no longer a separate area where you live on a lease.

• 11 months agoReport

DONT TALK TO POLICE W/OUT LAWYER
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/183426049964/antifa-trump-robert-kraft-sell-sex-and-earn

BAN GUN
      https://warcraftking.tumblr.com/post/185318078074/if-you-can-convince-trump-to-say-ban-gun-he-can

JEWS MUST LASER TILL VANISH
      https://m.vk.com/wall519091887_137