I want to consolidate my large credit card balance, but will this new loan hurt my credit anyways because it will become a new big debt?

So I want to eventually get a new car, but first I need to pay down my cards because overtime the utilization has become very large. I’m thinking about consolidating and I know it will increase my credit score, however, is that only temporary until the loan itself hits my score? Basically will that loan just bring... show more So I want to eventually get a new car, but first I need to pay down my cards because overtime the utilization has become very large. I’m thinking about consolidating and I know it will increase my credit score, however, is that only temporary until the loan itself hits my score? Basically will that loan just bring me right back down once it hits?

If so, should I wait to do this a week before I go car shopping that way while my credit is high I’ll get approved for a good rate.

(I’m 25, college student barely making it and trying to fix my credit overall.. need a vehicle to get to campus and work).