Was popular music better today or the 1980's?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Music was good in 80s. Music got even better In the 90s. The early 2000s was like the last high greatness of music varieties. Just about after the year of 2005 is when music slowly got suckish. Then people like Justin bieber came in, all other music all sounds the same

• Piero
    1 year ago

"Popular". music has almost always been problematic. The crooners of the 40s, and 50s had reedy nasal voices, and totally banal lyrics. The 60s had some interesting folk and protest music, but most of it was wannabe crap. Almost everything since has be worse. Pure noise no melody, questionable rhythm disguised as a loud and irritating thumping. Rap lacks the elements of music and depends on mis-prounciation to effect rhyme. It's pretty much always been bad. Just in different ways.

• JASON
    1 year ago

I don't know what popular music is anymore. I listen to mainly speech radio and podcasts, and reruns of top of the pops from the eighties.

• zeno
    1 year ago

There is good music going back over 100

Years but you have to go through music

And toss out the stuff you simply don't

Like. I'm going through 45's and CD's

Building the songs I want to keep. I

May need to record them on a set of

CD's and dump the 45's and CD's with

Only one or two songs on them I like.

Life and music is complicated and messy.

1 year ago

Nope.........................................

• Aaron
    1 year ago

Yes indeed. All music was up until 2000+. Then it started to suck like it is now.