Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 3 months ago

Next Canadian elections: Justin Trudeau again or Andrew Scheer of the Conservative Party?

I am not yet decided, I'm a gay youth and think of my best interest is in Trudeau, but also think of other things than my sexuality stand alone.... and Canada has some issues especially with massive immigrant waves coming in every year.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Stoo
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Best Answer

How about extend the same tolerance and respect that allows you to be gay to immigrants? That's how people learn to get along. The moment you aim to exclude some group for being different, that's a slippery slope. And Scheer (and his inbred cousins, Bernier and the PPC) aren't exactly friends of gays. When they get tired of immigrant bashing, you're next. Best to keep them far, far away from power - for you and everyone else who can easily be marginalized and persecuted for simply being themselves.

• 3 months agoReport

you're right in that point

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I'm not decided either. A bit like the problem the USA had with Hillary and Trump. Tweedle Dumb or Tweedle Dumber.

• 3 months ago

How about neither? I'm voting Green.

I can't stand Scheer and his brand of conservatism, and while Trudeau is OK, he's just OK, and in my honest opinion he lost the moral right to lead because of the SNC Lavalin meddling. Having the PM meddle in a high level corporate fraud case is disturbing to me despite the fact that I don't mind him in general.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.