My father who left when I was three years old wants to re-connect. Should I accept the outreach and how (I am 31 now)?

I have only seen him once since I was aged 3 and that was when I was eleven and my grandmother (his mother) died. She had stayed in touch with us so we went to the funeral. Our Dad was cordial but acted like we were distant 2nd cousins and not like we were his own two children. He did not hug us which I recall hurt... show more I have only seen him once since I was aged 3 and that was when I was eleven and my grandmother (his mother) died. She had stayed in touch with us so we went to the funeral. Our Dad was cordial but acted like we were distant 2nd cousins and not like we were his own two children. He did not hug us which I recall hurt me. He wants to reach out via Facebook and I see on his page that he has kids now and a new wife (wife #4). He has lung cancer it shows on his Facebook page.