Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 11 months ago

Houses are randomly burning down in my neighborhood should I be concerned?

3 houses burned down in a roll and one up the street caught fire and burned down, the one next to us caught fire and burned but then was rebuilt.

We have a whole lot of blank spaces in our neighborhood where houses use to stand.

Any reason why these housed burned down? Some say it is an electrical fire. But they are burning down in a roll or not too many months a part.

We live in a lower middle class house neighborhood. These houses are cookie cutter Houses, 1 story slap foundation and 3 to 4 bedrooms and 1 bathroom in each of them.

Dogs are casually loose in the streets mainly pit bulls, shoes are sometimes seen hanging in a row on the power lines on various streets in this subdivision. There seems to be swat teams entering in it regularly or a bunch of policemen.

There seems to be a lot of trash around throughout the subdivision including broken bottles of alcoholic beverages. The houses seems to be let go, or run down. The subdivision isn't on a code on how clean and tidy the houses should look. Some houses have grass in the yard up to your belt, abandoned and not cut. Some houses has murals or graffiti on them.

Back to the subject, why are these houses burning down left and right in our subdivision?

Favorite Answer

You live in a sh*t area. Time to move before they burn your place down.

Of course you should be concerned, cos you live there. I suppose that it is inevitable that as an area ages, the people living there age too and start to neglect the area. This is because as they age they are not able to maintain the property.

As far as houses burning down,when I was an paretic electrician years ago, it was drummed into me that a house should be rewired ever 20 years. Since then materials a wiring standards have improved considerably making this not quite as necessary but without doubt due to residents altering electrical circuits with having a clue what they are doing, the possibility of a house fire due the house owner interference is a great one.

I have always contended that if you care to interfere with a house plumbing circuit, if you get it wrong all that can happen is that you will terribly wet.

Do the same with an electric circuit, and the first mistake can kill you STONE DEAD.

Don't be a prat. Its fatal you know.

• Alan H

Without further details how can we know?

• Nancy

The expression is "in a row," not "in a roll."