Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

If a person with Aspergers is bullied at work and forced out, can they sue or file complaints?

The person has a university degree in engineering and he was bullied at work by the managers and other employees

The employees said that he was gay, slow, stupid, and a drug dealer

• Retief
    Favorite Answer

Bullying is unacceptable, if someone is bullied at work they should report it to upper management.

You can sue for discrimination. That means IF you were "forced out" (I trust that means fired) solely because you have Aspergers, yes, you can sue.

If you were "forced out" because of poor job performance, difficulties in the workplace, no, you have no grounds for a lawsuit.

• Jim2

I don't think you can sue someone for slander if they call you stupid, but if it's a provable lie-- drug dealer -- I am sure you could sue for slander. I would. I'd be really angry if was a lie. (I call myself a Christian, but would have a great deal of trouble turning the other cheek!). Lies need to be called out.

By the way, that employee may be happy to read this link, which speculates that both Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein may have had aspergers.

http://www.autism-help.org/points-%20aspergers-ein...

People don't always get along and don't always say nice things to each other, but rarely is it a matter for the courts ...and even when it is, it can be extremely difficult to prove.

he should buy a gun

Check with an attorney but harassment to create a hostile work environment is illegal.

'They' should join a trade union who will process complaints.

No- Blacks, women, elderly disabled ONLY. I can be freely bullied! It's EVERYWHERE!