Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 6 months ago

im a 16 year old male and i am not sure if i should shave or trim my pubic hair, can someone tell me what is best?

i have quite a lot down there and also it'd be helpful is someone tells me how to shave down there properly

Trimming is fine if you have a wild looking bush, shave it you like that look but be aware it can be a lot of working keeping up with it, you can get rashes and ingrown hairs. When it grows back it itches like crazy! This sounds weird, for years almost everyone was shaving even men you'd never expect to shave did. Now the trend it s a more natural look.

shaving is silly

Shave it. It harbors odors and is unclean. If your hetero, the ladies particularly don't like the hair, for what should the obvious reasons at your age.

• Marty

never ever shave the area itches afterwards

always trim with a trimmer

• balan

If you want your cock in clean environments keep the hairs removed by shaving If yiu want it black hairy jungles grow the hairs.The choice is yours .I keep it in clean condition by shaving off the hairs once a month.Regards..

• Roddy

There is no correct thing to do regarding pubic hair. The hair is natural, so most folk just leave it alone. Many trim their pubic hair if it is very long or bushy, whilst a few shave it all off.

Shaving it all off can make you look undeveloped like a child, especially as a teen, so may get you some odd looks and comments from your mates.

Another problem with shaving is that the hair will grow back and the stubble can itch a lot. Furthermore, it is very easy to cut yourself, especially as your scrotum is wrinkly and quite thin.

My own personal preference is to leave my pubic hair alone in the winter but to trim it short in the summer. Only you can decide what is best for you though.

• Mark

If you have a forest, trimming is easier and better than shaving. The latter just leads to itchiness, sometimes red rash and even ingrown hairs as it comes back. Plus, that initial regrowth is thicker. So you have to shave regularly. Hence, trimming... or leave it au naturel and embrace your hairytage.