Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 10 months ago

Why have i stared my period again ?

I just finished my period 2 weeks ago and according to my cycle i am supposed to be ovulating tododay.

Am getting scared as this has never happened to me and i know i cant bw pregnant becasue i have never had sex

I dont know if its becasue i just got steriod injections a couple of days ago for my keloid scar. And i took a bunch of paimkillers to ease the pain. Am not used to taking medication or painkillers when i am in pain so i dont know if it was becasue of that.

Or is this normal? To start your period twice in a month.

• D_21

I had it happen to me once when I was 25. It is possible for your hormones to fluctuate for whatever untold reason, and just give you a totally random double cycle. Two for one sale on periods this month!

Typically your body ovulates once a cycle. Releasing one egg from one ovary. It is possible for an ovary to release two eggs in one month, or for each ovary to release one egg in the same month.

Two eggs in one month is one of the the ways that twins occur. There are two types of twins.

1.) Identical is when one egg splits into two during mitosis. Giving you two babies from one egg. These babies will look similar to each other, and be the same gender.

2.) Fraternal twins is when there are two eggs released in the same month and they both get fertilized. These twins can look different, and even be different genders.

Twins are rare, but they're not caused by anything being wrong. Having two periods in one month isn't the norm for most people, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong.

• Tavy

Steroid injections can upset your hormone balance, so don't stress.

It's probably the result of what your body has been put through recently. Seems you're over-thinking.

I wouldn't stress over this, unless it continues to happen.