Went into ER with chest/arm discomfort and left the place with a UTI?

For the past week (ever since I went running) my chest has been acting funky and it’ll bleed down my arm a bit with numbness or tenderness. So went to the doctor as they took tests. EKG showed there was arrhythmia a bit, but everything else looked “beautiful” he said. Blood work came back great, enzymes were... show more For the past week (ever since I went running) my chest has been acting funky and it’ll bleed down my arm a bit with numbness or tenderness. So went to the doctor as they took tests. EKG showed there was arrhythmia a bit, but everything else looked “beautiful” he said. Blood work came back great, enzymes were normal. Xrays were good, too. Another doctor I had gone to prior said my xrays showed I had asthma (which i’ve had since I was 2 but never have had flare ups) so I was quite confused as to how this current doctor at the ER said he didn’t see a sign of asthma. Then my pee test showed I had a bit of an infection in which he prescribed me keflex 500 mg 4 times a day. I had no idea I even had an infection lol.

I’ve been freaking out quite of a bit, I do have health anxiety and I absolutely hate it. I am seeking help for that too by the way haha. I stress very easily and always think of the worst, so im trying my best to not do that.
But i’m concerned about taking a UTI medicine while having those discomfort in my chest/arm still and arrhythmia. I don’t want the antibiotics to make it worse or affect it in any way before I see a cardiologist on tuesday to do further testing of my heart. Anyone have any knowledge in this area?
1 answer 1