What are different ways in other parts of the world , that people answer the phone?

In the U.S. We generally say "Hi or "Hello."

But what about other parts of the world?

I was reading in a book one time that they say "I'm listening." somewhere....But I forgot what country it was.

• Piero
    Favorite Answer

I can't remember where, but in some country, "are you there" was how they answered. There are lots of different ways to answer. Some are individual, some are local, or national.

Source(s): 40 years in the airline industry. We talked to people everywhere.
  • abdul

Mexicans usually answer with "Bueno". Mr. Bell thought we should answer with "Ahoy", I've read somewhere.

• Damien

everybody says hi or hello, maybe if you speak another language you would say hi in that language, then some religious people may give the greeting according to their religious greeting, but saying "im listening" sounds something an illiterate would say probably from jamaica.