Does lying about a gruesome family emergency cross the line of decency to use PTO at work?

I've used made up excuses to get out of school and work, but this kind of made me even question it. She said that her uncle had been in a bad car accident and was in the hospital. He was the sole caretaker of her ill grandfather in another state, and needed to take time off to help out. When she got back she... show more I've used made up excuses to get out of school and work, but this kind of made me even question it. She said that her uncle had been in a bad car accident and was in the hospital. He was the sole caretaker of her ill grandfather in another state, and needed to take time off to help out. When she got back she put in her two weeks notice and a week after she posted photos of her vacation online.

No one is going to tell management, but all of our co-workers were kind of disgusted that she would use that as an excuse. Its a small office and we do socially interact with each other outside of work. I explained it to her and said "You kind of used the nuclear option. Its kind of morbid to make it a life or death situation. Everyone was concerned because even though we are work friends, we are still kinda friends."