Monitor problems?

I have two screens, the main is a normal 21 inch (i think? Im measuring the screen width diagonally) display and my secondary is a 40 inch samsung tv. On my screen resolution setting page, the main screen is desagnated as 2 and the secondary is designated as 1, but when i hit identify, it identify s them backwards. Normally, this would not be a problem for me as i would just ignore it but when i load up my games (like borderlands GOTY for example), it loads up on the main screen but it loads up with the resolution settings of the secondary screen witch ends up ******* with things. Is there any way to fix this or am i just going to have to say **** it and buy a proper screen to use as a secondary?

Tried switching the slots around as much as i could but it was no good. At the moment, im leaning towards getting a newer monitor as my current one only has dvi/vga slots in the back. As a result of this, its a minor cluster#uck of adapters back there.

• Adrian
    Favorite Answer

Switch the ports the monitors are plugged into, that will "fix" the "identify" issue.

Your current 1/2 screens are set in Windows according to how you defined them in Windows, but the "Identify" used the physical ports they are plugged into....

Since you will not tell anything about the cables from the ports on the two screens, and what ports they are plugged into (types, mostly) on the video card or computer, we have to assume they are identical and the cables can be swapped to different ports. That would make the 21 inch monitor #1 screen, and the 40 inch TV the #2 screen, as you need. If you cannot swap because of incorrect port types, you might buy adapters to change the types. A DVI and an HDMI are identical except no sound on the DVI. You can buy an audio breakout box for that. Some are bi-directional. You can buy an HDMI to VGA converter.

That is all that can be guessed from what you tell.