Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 year ago

How to learn how to read ukulele sheet music?

I'm a former violinist, so I already know how to read treble clef (I know the note names and all that if I see them), but how do I apply that to the ukulele?

I already know how to read tabs. I want to learn how to read sheet music, not tabs.

I want to learn sheet music because that will enable me to play songs that don't have tablature.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a link to a chart of all the notes on the ukulele neck: http://kauairainbow.com/Ukulele/Fretboard/fretboar...

As you know from playing violin, the same notes can be played at several places on the fingerboard/fretboard. It will be your choice where to play those notes. Because of the re-entrant tuning of the G string, it probably makes sense to ignore it at first when reading single notes. Just remember, the open G string is the same pitch as the 3rd fret of the E string.