Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 11 months ago

How to take pics like this?

so, I have stumbled across some pictures from the 1960's and 70's where cameras and editing softwares were not advanced. So I just want to know how these photographs were taken.

Like what camera do you think was used?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Editing software was not only "not advanced" in the 1960s and 70s, it did not exist! That photo could have been created by any camera which had the capasbility of using a longish focal-length lens (let's call it "zoom" to use a word which you understand, though most likely it was a lens fo fixed long focal-length).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

the whole thing kinda looks like an oil painting...

• 11 months ago

The cameras in that time-frame were film cameras. To duplicate that style image: copy its elements. A mirror on a faded yellow wall, some wheat stalks, and the framing. You would learn a lot about photography in the process. Looks like you may have found one of the first well done selfies to me. It really does not matter what camera was used. It was the photographer and not the camera that makes that image work.

• John P
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

There were no editing softwares at all in the 1960s, and almost certainly not in the 1970s! Such a photo could be taken by anybody who had reasonable skill in using an advanced camera, such as a SLR. Today you could take such a photo without using any software using a reasonable camera skilfully.

• Sumi
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

"... pictures from the 1960's and 70's where cameras and editing softwares were not advanced." To be factually correct, editing software didn't exist at all in the 60s and 70s.

Here's one way to get a shot like this:

1) find a model, a mirror, a potted plant and a wall.

2) Arrange the mirror on the wall, place the plant in front of it and position the model so that you can see the model in the mirror while not seeing the your reflection or that of the camera.

3) focus on the reflection in the mirror

4) ensure that the depth of field is adequate

5) take the shot.

You may need a tripod.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

quote ''...from the 1960's and 70's where cameras and editing softwares were not advanced...''

Digital cameras and software DIDN'T EVEN EXIST THEN.

Almost any film camera could have taken that photo. It's all in the technique of lighting exposure focus and film developing.

• 11 months ago

There are probably many apps for that...as they say there’s an app for thatv

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

looks like a picture of some weeds in front of an oil painting. nice colors and composition.

probably used some kind of 35mm film camera with all the fancy lenses and stuff. i guess.

• Star11 months agoReport

I think it is a mirror and not a painting. As you can see the reflection of the plant in the mirror.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.