Is a blood pressure of 150/86 dangerous to health?

With my arm to side it's 150/86 but with my arm lifted chest level its 125/80s . I know its more accurate at chest level but I don't think it's supposed to be that much higher. My doctor appointments always check me with my arm to my side so they must do that with other patients and get a normal reading. Also my arm Is never really raised at cheat level so its probably 150/86 all the time. Is it dangerous to have a blood pressure of 125/80s with arm at cheat level but 150/86 With arm to my side

• Kerri

130/90 is when blood pressure begins to be considered high. The numbers will fluctuate depending on arm position as well as whether one is lying down, sitting or standing when taken. Depending on your age, physical fitness level and overall health, it may or may not be an issue. Your doctor should definitely investigate further just to make sure there’s no heart disease.

Source(s): Nurse
  • Tavy

Not that high at all. Here in the UK our

Doctors take it with the left arm on the table.