Why was NHS direct gotten rid of?

i used to phone nhs direct from time to time years ago when we had it, just to get health advice, the staff on it were usually helpful and sounded as though they cared about your phonecall. now it has been replaced with an inferior service nhs 1111, where if you call, you get voice automated recordings instructing... show more i used to phone nhs direct from time to time years ago when we had it, just to get health advice, the staff on it were usually helpful and sounded as though they cared about your phonecall.

now it has been replaced with an inferior service nhs 1111, where if you call, you get voice automated recordings instructing you what buttons to press to speak to someone, the automated voice sounds very cold and clinical and very unbritish in its approach.

when you finally get through to a human being, the staff manning it sound unsympathetic, uncaring, asking you very straight to the point cold questions....the complete opposite of how NHS direct used to be......also they are not set up to chat or answer any health queries or give advice....they just want to know what symptoms you are having to determine whether you need an ambulance or not.

a really inferior worthless service in my experience...why did they remove nhs direct and replace it with this horrible dictatorship type service?
2 answers 2