Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 11 months ago

do I have an infection should I go to the emergency room?

I've got pus coming out my arm there is a red edge around it and its hard and swollen I feel nauseas and I've vomited a couple times this has been going on for a week (apart from the vomiting that was just today

will I get admitted to hospital?

Favorite Answer

I have no idea if they will admit you to the hospital, but if you really have an injury like this and if there is red around it, yes go to the hospital ER. The red area is a sign of infection. They may give you an IV antibiotic and then a prescription and let you go home, but will likely tell you to see your own doctor, too.

You'll have to go and find out. I wouldn't screw around with something like that.

• ?

Pus is a sure sign of infection and that needs treatment. See your regular doctor first if possible, but go straight to urgent care or er if you cannot get an appointment within 48 hours.

• Cammie

Just go see your regular doctor .

Urgent Care would be a better choice than the ER.