Asep

Im worried that I won’t be cut out for my new job as a deli clerk?

So far my coworkers all know more than me and they all feel bad for me because i’m young and very awkward and shy. I’m really slow when helping out costumers and one time this customer told me that I have terrible customer service because I told him that i’ll be with him in just a second and that hurt my feelings.

I have so much pressure on me to keep this job because it pays well and if I lose it I won’t be able to get a pay as good as it until after I graduate college.

You get better with time.......and practice.......just chill.

Everyone starting out has a lot to learn. Just do your best to learn the job and you'll be fine.

• polly

You're doing fine.

You've got a good work ethic & you're trying your best to do a good job,that's the main thing.

Try not to take criticism & insults from arrogant & impatient customers personally,because some people are so disgruntled & rude that they'll criticize & moan about getting sub par customer service even when they didn't

Of course they know more than you - they have been there longer. As I told you before, it's not a hard job, you just need to learn the ropes and need a little experience. I would have responded to the customer's remark with "I'm so sorry, it's busy here, but I'll be with you asap." It sounds like you are letting your attitude defeat you.

Watch youtube videos/ google about deli and your job duties. People are training themselves without colleague for all sorts of complicated jobs. You can do this. You are paid well to do a job and you give 100 and do it well.

No, you're not.