Im worried that I won’t be cut out for my new job as a deli clerk?

So far my coworkers all know more than me and they all feel bad for me because i’m young and very awkward and shy. I’m really slow when helping out costumers and one time this customer told me that I have terrible customer service because I told him that i’ll be with him in just a second and that hurt my feelings.... show more So far my coworkers all know more than me and they all feel bad for me because i’m young and very awkward and shy. I’m really slow when helping out costumers and one time this customer told me that I have terrible customer service because I told him that i’ll be with him in just a second and that hurt my feelings.
I have so much pressure on me to keep this job because it pays well and if I lose it I won’t be able to get a pay as good as it until after I graduate college.