Did Boss Threaten Me?

At the company i work for, One of the bosses is retiring and rather than replace her, several others will take on her duties, so to divide her position with others. I was offered the promotion and I knew it would be long hours, harder work, more responsibility and more pressure, so I declined Initially, I have... show more At the company i work for, One of the bosses is retiring and rather than replace her, several others will take on her duties, so to divide her position with others.

I was offered the promotion and I knew it would be long hours, harder work, more responsibility and more pressure, so I declined Initially, I have several health problems such as bipolar and anxiety disorder.

I did have a senior position years ago but it was hard on my health and I suffered panic attacks at the job, so the boss (the woman retiring) helped me and gave me a lower position which won't be so hard on health.

However the other boss who will be my new boss after lady retires, offered me the more senior position, I declined, citing my health issues.

However he said

'fine, choice is yojra but there are rumors from above of people being layer off soon, I can't assure your safety, if that is the truth, if you had taken this opportunity that would be different'

He has given me more time to think about taking the promotion/opportunity.

I have been at the company since 2009 and I am only 30 this years, so I could be there for many yeara.

Did boss threaten me there? Is it in my best interest to take the opportunity?